Wednesday, June 17, 2015

This is the beginning

Hey y'all!  This is my first post, so it will be a long one, maybe!

My name is Jessica and I am a mother of two girls and wife to an Asian redneck.  Yes, they DO exist!

This blog is about my journey that started right when I turned 30.  I slowly started changing my life and living by my rules, not what others expected.  I am now 32 and so much has changed in just the last 10 months.

I think I will break this up into multiple post in order what I changed in my life.  It will go a little something like this:


  • my diet and health views
  • my career change
  • my children's education
  • my career/dream chasing
  • my need to refocus
  • starting over from scratch
SO... a little more about me and how I got to here.

First and forth most, I am SOUTHERN!  My family is Greek, half of the family is Greek Orthodox and the other is Lutheran.  I attended a Southern Baptist school for 13 years.  How is that for your religious denomination?  And... I married a half Korean who is an Asian redneck!

I was told that I would never have kids(never officially diagnosed).  I would tell guys on first dates that if natural kids were important to them that we should not date.  I got the crazy look, A LOT!  My husband was cool with it.  Well, after a year and a half of dating and being 22 and about  to close on a house, we find out that we are pregnant!  I was scared to death!  What would Jason say?  Oh Lord!  What would my father and grandmother say?  I was scared to death!

Jason's family took the news well and were excited for us.  We were being responsible, we just bought a house walking distance from his grandmother and both had good jobs.  My family, well they tend to dwell on the negative and not the positive.  After three months, my father found out that I was pregnant from a waitress at the local pizza joint.  The pizza joint is actually names The Pizza Joint!  She knew us for years and we were regulars there.  I was ALWAYS there on Thursday night for the $5 beer special on Thursday nights with my friends and the one night that I went and I did not order a beer, she joked that I had to be pregnant and I told her that I was.  NEVER would I had thought that she would say anything to my dad.

My brother(not blood relation, but he was that older brother figure to me/ my dad's best friend)  called me and told me that my dad knew and that he was PISSED!  He said he was going crazy!  I called my dad and he was already pissed that I had moved out, but this put him over.  He was embarrassed by it and just hurt/disappointed.  We didn't speak for another month or so until he found out that I had to be taken to the emergency room.

Fast forward six months later and I think my water is breaking.  I got out of the shower, dried off and I keep feeling wet down there.  So, I stand there and I have a slow drip coming from down there.  I called for Jason and he sees the small puddle forming between my legs.  I tell him that I think my water is breaking.  His response, " Well, we are going to eat first"!  Every Sunday we go eat Sunday dinner at his grandma's around the corner.  Well, I was hungry.  I put a pad on and we had the best lunch!  Grandma made fried chicken, rutabagas, mac & cheese, green bean casserole and the list goes on.  Jason told his aunt what was going on and she called her L&D nurse friend who yelled through the phone for me to go to the hospital.

Sure enough, I was in labor!  I was scheduled to be induced the next morning, but Chloe was on her way.  It was a long night and this child proved to be as stubborn as her daddy.  I never progressed past 4cm and ended up in a c section.  Everyone went into labor at the same time and my recovery room was a makeshift closet.  I was not a happy camper.

Fast forward to August 11, 2007 and Jason and I married.  Two months later, I became pregnant with our second daughter Layla.  Layla was a scheduled c section because I wanted control over the situation.  I wanted time with my baby and privacy unlike my first go round and being a first time mom.

Two months after I had Layla, I started my cycle back.  I did not have another cycle for years.  I was finally diagnosed with PCOS, polycycstic ovarian syndrome.  This disorder/syndrome/disease has reaked all kinds of havoc on my body and is what made me look at my life in a different way.

This is where I will leave off for now since it brings us up to where I started my journey.

Until later...

Jess


No comments:

Post a Comment